RIP Roger Corman
MST3K 806 - The Undead is highly recommended
(May 13, 2024, 22:00 pm)hitzjeff Wrote: MST3K 806 - The Undead is highly recommended

"Good, old-fashioned nightmare fuel."
I'm watching Corman's Fantastic Four, as riffed by Movie Jo Night, and it's a fascinating bit of riffing and movie making.

While it's really hard to hear Chris, it's a fun bit of homegrown, adlibed (af) riffing.

This movie is the best kind of flick to riff, an earnest effort that ultimately was never fully baked. Some of the effects work is absolute shite and some is just amazing. The Thing's face/mask is truly state of the art. The Torch's animation is the aforementioned shite.

This flick needed an on-set accountant to even it out, for sure.

While this might sound like a dis, I'm enjoying this ride! This is my small rememberance of all of the hours of entertainment Mr. Corman has given me. My thanks for the upload!

RIP Roger Corman. I'm pouring one out for ya. Much respect.
Anyone who hasn't seen Corman's surprisingly great "The Intruder" really should give it a spin. Shatner is in it and it may be his greatest work this side of Star Trek.
(May 16, 2024, 10:35 am)inelegy Wrote: Anyone who hasn't seen Corman's surprisingly great "The Intruder" really should give it a spin.  Shatner is in it and it may be his greatest work this side of Star Trek.

For those who are interested, here it is: The.Intruder.1962.mkv

Cool
The Intruder [aka I Hate Your Guts, Shame and The Stranger] is shockingly good.  

And I agree, Shatner is great in it.

Thanks for the share, gondomondo.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [REQ] Ghosthouse - Official-Not the DB Rip JetJaguar73 9 9,639 Jan 26, 2024, 21:50 pm
Last Post: Tums
  Split Second (1992) [Uncut] [Unriffed] [BluRay Rip] kkt 3 6,101 Sep 13, 2022, 23:26 pm
Last Post: jhs39
  Dangerous Men (2005) [BluRay Rip] [Uncut] [Unriffed] [+Commentary] kkt 2 8,216 Nov 16, 2021, 03:08 am
Last Post: SevenMindsets
  RIP HDD!!! Can you help me out (req - The Mads)? itsizz 9 14,183 Oct 14, 2021, 20:04 pm
Last Post: itsizz
  Light Blast (uncut remastered DVD rip and synced riff) BudgetBits 4 10,451 Aug 22, 2020, 18:00 pm
Last Post: chingshih